“I just can’t plantain my excitement for breakfast every morning! 🍌
Happy Tuesday/Friday JR friends!! I hope you all are having a great week so far and are excited for the weekend! I don’t have much planned today! Just some studying, working out, maybe go lay outside for a little then going to work later! Enjoy your day loves! ❤️
Since I missed taco Tuesday, I’m making it up by doing taco Thursday! I used a @positivelyplantain tortilla and filled it with scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, avocado with a side of bananas and blueberries! If you’re like me and new to plantains, here’s some background about them! Plantains are related to the banana! They are starchy and have less sugar than bananas! They are loaded with vitamins and minerals and are the 10th most important staple crop eaten worldwide! The amazing thing about @positivelyplantain is that they only use green plantains, baking soda and sea salt in making their tortillas! They are perfect for loading with fillings and they are delish!”
- POSITIVELY PLANTAIN TORTILLAS.
- 2 EGGS
- 1-2 SLICES TURKEY BACON (FOR VEGETARIANS, USE VEGGIE “BACON” OF CHOICE)
- 1/4 AN AVOCADO
- Whisk eggs and cook on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Cook turkey bacon according to directions.
- Break turkey bacon into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Cut and slice an avocado.
- Heat individual tortillas on a dry pan until slightly browned, pliable, and fully heated.
- Stuff eggs, turkey bacon pieces, and avocado into the warmed tortilla.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!