INDIAN STYLE KHEEMA TACOS
Shivangi of @raodyrecipes made Indian-style tacos with our tortillas! Delish! Scroll below for the recipe.
"Can #tacothursday be a thing? 🌮 INDIAN STYLE KHEEMA TACOS 🌮 are here to stay on my weekly recipe rotation, and I hope it joins yours too! These messy, spicy, and delicious tacos are made with Indian spiced ground meat (aka kheema and my recipe calls for lamb but any protein will work), which is then covered in the BEST fixings like onions, avocado, jalapeños, cilantro, hot sauce, a fresh squeeze of lime, and an Indian yogurt crema. All of this sits on top of soft, #grainfree @positivelyplantain plantain tortillas which are a healthy, low-glycemic tortilla alternative that are a pantry staple of mine. 🌮🍌 Y’all...please make these easy tacos ASAP for a healthy and balanced meal that will spice up your weeknight dinners. 🌮 #raodyrecipes #positivelyplantain #brandambassador #ambassador"
- LAMB KHEEMA
- POSITIVELY PLANTAIN TORTILLAS
- 1/2 JALAPENO SLICED (DE-SEEDED)
- 2 CUPS STRAUS EUROPEAN YOGURT (OR WHIP YOGURT)
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC GRATED
- 1/2 TSP ROASTED CUMIN
- 1/2 TSP BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TSP SALT
- 1 1/4 TBSP LEMON JUICE
- 1/2 TOMATO DICED
- 1/4 YELLOW ONION DICED
- 1/2 TSP CHAT MASALA
- Make lamb kheema. Set aside.
- Heat a tortilla on low-medium until slightly browned, pliable, and fully heated. Alternatively, microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds.
- Spoon plenty of lamb kheema on tortilla.
- Combine tomato, yellow onion, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and chat masala to make Indian pico de gallo.
- For crema, combine yogurt, garlic, roasted cumin, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Top with some Indian pico de gallo (or any fresh salsa!), and drizzle crema on top.
- Garnish with 2-3 slices of fresh jalapeno, avocado, red onions, a squeeze of lime, and a handful of cilantro (or any other toppings you like!)
- Serve immediately and enjoy!